By Kassidy Ketron
- Audible NOAA [National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration] flood and flash flood watches and warnings so people can gather loved ones and head to safety
- The alerts can save lives if users are asleep, away from radio, TV or in places where weather band radios may not work - users can even monitor alerts in other areas where loved ones live
- An “I’m safe” button allows users to send a message letting family and friends know they are out of harm’s way
- The app also has toolkit with flashlight, strobe light and alarm to let others know where you are and locations of open Red Cross shelters in case people need to evacuate
- Recovery resources are included for when you are able to return home and start cleaning up
- The content is available in English and Spanish based on the user language settings on their mobile device.
- The app contains simple instructions and steps on what supplies to have, and how to develop an emergency plan if you have to stay put or if you must evacuate.
- It also features interactive quizzes with badges that you can earn and share on social networks.
- Preloaded content on the app gives users instant access to all information even without mobile connectivity.