The American Red Cross continues to work around the clock to provide shelter, food, comfort and other emergency support to victims of Hurricane Harvey.
- Overnight, more than 5,000 people sought refuge in 30 Red Cross and partner shelters across Texas. To date, there have been more than 364,000 overnight shelter stays for Hurricane Harvey.
- Along with our partners, we have served almost 1.7 million meals and snacks in Texas.
- More than 3,200 Red Cross disaster workers are on the ground in Texas, with more than 475 on the way.
- Mental health and health services professionals have provided more than 57,000 contacts to provide support and care to those affected.
- We’ve distributed more than 383,000 relief items like diapers, bug spray, cleaning supplies, coolers, and comfort kits that contain deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste and other hygiene items in Texas.
- More than 64 million hurricane and flood alerts have been issued through Red Cross mobile apps for Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. The apps provide shelter locations and real-time information so people can help protect themselves and their loved-ones.